Retailers across the nation this time of year offer white sales, discounting their prices on linens and other bath and bedroom products. Many of us around Atlanta and Alpharetta take this opportunity following the New Year to grab great deals on household linens and other bed and bath items, oftentimes with beautiful designs. Whether you’re looking to upgrade your current linens or are wanting to grab a few extra for when you have company in town, now is the time to take advantage of white sales. For us at Quality Closet Connection, this is a great time to think about effective closet storage solutions. Let the white sale festivities begin!
1. Use Containers. Keep your linens organized by storing them in containers that are safe for fabrics. Make sure to label these containers to access them quickly when you’re expecting guests. This approach will also keep dust and potential moisture off your linens. The containers can be stored on the floor to make room on the shelves for other items, such as towels.
2. Pillow Storage. We’ve all tried to shove too many pillows into one container as an effort to conserve space as much as possible. This can cause irreversible damage to the pillow, so find a suitable storage spot for pillows to ensure they stay supportive, thus comfortable, for as long as possible.
3. Keep It Cool. While you might be tempted to toss everything into a box in the attic, this approach might cause mold and mildew to accumulate on your nice linens. That’s never a nice surprise to find. Make sure everything is stored in a nice, temperature-controlled area of the house to keep your linens fresh.
4. Declutter. In with the new, out with the old. When you take advantage of white sales this time of year, don’t make the mistake of only adding to an already oversized collection. Take this as an opportunity to purge your linen closet to get rid of a few old sheets and blankets. If they’re still in good condition but you no longer have a use for them, research charities that will accept these items to benefit others.
5. Optimize Your Closet. If you’re constantly shifting things around in your closet to make room for other things only to end up with a disorganized mess, then it’s probably time for a custom closet design. You might pride yourself in being a Tetris champion around the house, but a closet with an organizer system designed just for you would help infinitely.
For a value that will last you a lifetime, Quality Closet Connection is a locally owned closet designer and installer ready to optimize your linen closet. Serving Alpharetta, Atlanta, and surrounding cities, we’re an experienced group of hardworking specialists who are ready to come to maximize your linen closet. Ready to give it a try? Give us a call at 770-710-6008 or send us a message on our website. Connect with us on Facebook and Instagram for updates. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!